Amazon India is the fastest growing online marketplace in India with more than 4 lakh sellers selling products to loyal customers on the platform.
Let us understand what is Online Marketplace. An online marketplace (or online e-commerce marketplace) is a type of e-commerce platform where products or services are provided by multiple third parties, whereas transactions are processed by the marketplace operator. Online marketplaces are the primary type of multichannel ecommerce and can be a way to streamline the production process.
Facts you should know About Amazon India
- Amazon has 150 million customers registered, though the number who have made transactions on the platform is approximately 100 million.
- 80 MM products across 39 categories
- Most visited online marketplace in terms of unique visitors
- In terms of top of the mind awareness of e-commerce sites across offline sellers, Amazon tops the list, by AC Nielson Survey
- Across India, there are thousands of sellers, authors and businesses using Amazon products and services to reach new customers, build and grow their businesses.
- USD $5 Billion invested in the Indian Economy since Amazon was launched in 2013.
- 100% serviceable pin codes covered touching every nook and corner of India.
- 41 fulfillment centers across 13 states, the largest storage capacity in ecommerce industry in India.
- 20,000+ Indian sellers sell on Amazon’s Global Marketplaces helping products Made in India go global.
- 17,500 small stores work as Amazon Delivery Points.
- Over 50% of our sellers are from Tier II and Tier III Cities generating livelihood and encouraging entrepreneurship in small cities.
- Over 65% orders from Tier II and Tier III cities transforming the way India shops.
Amazon is creating a fabulous economic impact in India [Source Amazon India]
Amazon India empowers small and medium-sized businesses to reach millions of customers with a number of programmes that help boost their revenue, reach and productivity.
From selling globally to locally, from making money on your site to expand your business, Amazon has a lot of opportunities for you to explore.
8000+ Amazon Trained Ecommerce Specialists across India help new and existing sellers sell on Amazon platform and earn Rs. 75000/ seller.